Apartment to rent in
Santa Marta Colombia
- 50 meters from Caribbean Sand and Sea -
Apartment to rent in Santa Marta Colombia
Apartamento para arrendar en Santa Marta Colombia
Terms and conditions
Book Apartment Copacabana
Note from the apartment owner
Reading terms and conditions might take away all lust to leave home. Travelling seams like jumping into a snake pit. In real life however we where always capable to solve things smoothly without applying harsh conditions, additional charges etc. Reason and goodwill are our words.
The following Booking Conditions, together with all information relating to the rental apartment contained on our website (www.santamarta-colombia.com) form the basis of your contract with us. Please read the conditions carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations.
We are not liable for any damages to persons or their belongings in the apartment, the building and it's areas. The tourist is responsable for having a decent travel insurance.
No nos responsablizamos por daños y perjuicios de ninguna persona que se aloje en el apartamento y el edificio. El seguro de viaje es 100% responsabilidad del señor turista.
- Check in time is 14:00 h. If previous guests leave early, you can enter earlier. Please never worry about arriving early in the morning. If the apartment is not available yet, we will store your luggage for free and you may change for a swimsuit in our (the owners) private apartment. We live next door, be our guests!
- Check out time is 13:00 h.
If your plane leaves late and you like to overstay the check out time, please store your luggage in time with us. We live next door and are happy to help you out. (See also the check in chapter above)
1. Making your booking
Once we have received your booking and all appropriate payments, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by sending a Booking Confirmation to you. Please check it carefully as well as all other travel documents. Contact us immediately if any information which appears on the Booking Confirmation is incorrect or incomplete, it may be difficult or impossible to make changes later.
2. Booking and payment
There are several ways of booking
Booking directly with us
* A deposit of 1 night is required on booking. Payments can be done by electronic means (bank transaction, PayPal, Moneygram, Westen Union). The balance is to be paid on receiving the keys of the apartment.
Booking online or with travel agents
* Travel agents and online booking engines do have their own payment scedule.
We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance does cover your purchase and is adequate for your particular needs.
4. Your contract
A binding contract between us comes into existence when we despatch your Booking Confirmation. Dutch law (and no other) will apply to this contract and to any dispute, claim or other matter of any description, which arise between us.
5. The cost of your apartment
The prices shown on our website and on the online booking engines were calculated on the basis of known costs and exchange rates. We reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in advertised prices at any time before your holiday is confirmed. If there are any changes to the published prices, these will be confirmed at the time of booking. We will advise you of any error of which we are aware and of the then applicable price at the time of booking. Once the price of your holiday has been confirmed at the time of booking then, subject to the correction of errors, we will only increase or decrease the price, subject to the conditions set out in this clause.
6. Changes by you
Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, notify us in writing (e-mail: email@example.com) as soon as possible. Whilst we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet your request. The costs or charges incurred by us and/or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers are to be paid by you.
7. Cancellation by you
Should you or any member of your party need to cancel the reservation once it has been confirmed, you must immediately advise us in writing (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). If we receive your notice of cancellation 3 days or more before arrival, we will retain your deposit minus commissions and fees. If we receive your writing within 3 days before arrival, the first night will be charged.
8. Changes and cancellation by us
Whilst we always endeavour to avoid changes and cancellations, we must reserve the right to do so. We will offer you an alternative apartment of a similar standard to that originally booked. You will not be asked to pay any more than the price of the original apartment. If, for whatever reason, we don't succeed in that, you will receive a full refund minus commissions and fees.
Under extreme circumstances (Murphy's Law), we may be forced by "force majeure" (see clause 9) to change or terminate your holiday after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away. This is extremely unlikely but if this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain any refunds from our suppliers) pay you any compensation or be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by you as a result.
9. Force majeure
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of, 'force majeure'. In these Booking Conditions, 'force majeure' means any event, which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity (actual or threatened), industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
10. Our liability to you
(1) We promise to make sure that the arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. We cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional third party services or facilities which your travel agent or any other supplier agrees to provide for you. In addition, regardless of any wording used by us on our website or elsewhere, we promise to use reasonable skill and care as set out above and we do not have any greater or different liability to you.
Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
(2) Where we are found liable for loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions (including money), the maximum amount we will have to pay you is $100 per booking order (unless a lower limitation applies to your claim under this clause or clause 10(4) below) as you are assumed to have taken out adequate insurance at the time of booking. For all other claims which do not involve death or personal injury, if we are found liable to you on any basis, the maximum amount we will have to pay you is $100 paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total, unless a lower limitation applies to your claim under clause 10(4) below. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you have not received any benefit at all from your agent and insurance.
(3) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract - and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred - will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws, regulations and customs applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the laws and regulations of the Netherlands which would have applied had those services been provided in The Netherlands.
(4) Where any claim or part of a claim concerns or is based on any travel arrangements forming part of your holiday with us (including the process of getting on and off the transport concerned) provided by any air, sea, rail or road carrier or any stay in a hotel, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited. The most we will have to pay you for that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you on any basis is the most we would have to pay under the International Convention or Regulation which applies to the travel arrangements or hotel stay in question (including, for example, the Warsaw Convention as amended or unamended and the Montreal Convention 1999 for international travel by air and/or for airlines with an operating licence granted by an EU country, the EU Regulation on Air Carrier Liability No 889/2002 for national and international travel by air and the Athens convention for international travel by sea). Please note: Where a carrier or hotel would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable International Convention or Regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the transport provider or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question.
(5) You must provide our insurers and us with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell the supplier and us concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 11 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to co-operate fully with our insurers and us if our insurers or we want to enforce any rights that are transferred.
(6) If you or any member of your party, while staying in our apartment, suffers illness, injury or death as a result of an activity which does not form part of your contracted arrangement with us, we will provide you with all reasonable assistance without being liable.
11. Complaints and problems
In the event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your holiday whilst away, you must immediately inform us and. There's a reasonable solution for every problem. Alternatively, disputes arising out of, or in connection with your contract with us which cannot be amicably settled may be referred to arbitration by the legal authorities.
12. Your responsibilities
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfil normal physical demands. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. We regret we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry into any country due to failure on your part to carry correct documentation. Please check passport and visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate.
When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss (including lost keys) must be paid direct at the time to the accommodation owner or its representative. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us (together with our own and the other party's full legal costs) as a result of your actions.
It is our policy not to discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, creed, sex, marital status, age, ethnic origin, disability or any other ground. Clients, their employees, guests and all sub-contractors engaged by or on behalf of the client are expected to adhere to this policy and the apartment owner or his representative may, without incurring any liability to the client, remove from the apartment any person or persons offending against this policy.
Danger, upset and distress
We expect all clients to have consideration for other people. If in our reasonable opinion or in the reasonable opinion of any other person in authority, you or any member of your party behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to any third party or damage to property, we are entitled, without prior notice, to terminate the holiday of the person(s) concerned. In this situation, the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the accommodation or other service. We will have no further responsibility toward such person(s) including any return travel arrangements. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
13. Conditions of suppliers
Services that make up your holiday might be provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 10 (4)).
14. Special requests and medical problems
If you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to adapt to these. We regret we cannot promise that any request will be met unless we have specifically confirmed this in writing. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or the inclusion of the request on your Booking Confirmation and Invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability. We regret we cannot accept any conditional bookings, i.e. any booking which is specified to be conditional on the fulfilment of a particular request. All such bookings will be treated as 'standard' bookings subject to the above provisions on special requests.
15. Excursions and activities
We may provide you with information about activities and excursions that are available in the area you are visiting. We have no involvement in any such activities or excursions that are neither run, supervised or controlled in any way by us. They are provided by local operators or other third parties that are entirely independent of us. They do not form any part of your contract with us even where we suggest particular operators/other third parties and/or assist you in booking such activities or excursions in any way. We cannot accept any liability on any basis in relation to such activities or excursions and the acceptance of liability contained in clause 10(1) of our booking conditions will not apply to them.
Book Apartment Copacabana
See highlights Terms and Conditions